DSK sues maid after sexual assault allegations
05/15/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – Former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn has taken civil legal action against a maid who previously accused him of sexual assault. As reported by ABC News, the million-dollar countersuit against the hotel maid who accused Strauss-Kahn of attempted rape last year was filed this week in the Bronx.
As noted in the report, New York City hotel maid, Nafissatou Diallo, claimed Strauss-Kahn attempted to sexually assault her inside of a room at the Sofitel in Times Square. The accusation and indictment of Strauss-Kahn reportedly hurt his political career. Charges against him were dropped when issues arose regarding Diallo’s credibility.
Strauss-Kahn’s lawsuit is quoted in the report as stating, “Ms. Diallo’s conduct… was so outrageous in character, and so extreme in degree, as to go beyond all possible bounds of decency, and to be regarded as atrocious, and utterly intolerable in a civilized society.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident
- Veteran teacher fired after ordering ‘hit’ on student
- Woman accused of killing her newborns appears in court
- IRS audit odds lowest since 1980s
- Man attempts to open door during flight, plane rerouted
- Ex-wife of congressman accuses him of violating divorce terms
- Family of ‘affluenza’ teen won’t pay full cost of court-ordered treatment