Obama administration speaks on Kony commander capture
05/14/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington, D.C. – The White House has released a statement regarding the capture of a top commander in African warlord Joseph Kony’s Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA). As reported by The Ticket, the Obama administration expressed hopes that the recent capture of Major General Ceasar Acellam would lead to the capture of Kony himself.
Jay Carney, chief spokesperson for President Barack Obama, is quoted in the report as releasing the statement Monday, “The capture of Major General Ceasar Acellam is a testament to the resolve of Uganda and its military forces to work with regional forces to end the threat posed by the LRA… The United States is committed to supporting the people and governments of the region in their collective efforts, in coordination with the African Union and United Nations, to protect civilians and end this threat.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Washington D.C. legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- One person killed in collapse of bridge in Texas
- Kelly Ripa no longer in touch with Regis Philbin?
- Amanda Knox conviction overturned by Italian court
- Woman won’t face murder charges after cutting fetus from womb
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens
- Chelsea Handler discusses past uncomfortable experience with with Bill Cosby
- Burglary suspects gives secret hiding place away on Snapchat
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash