Fugitives in custody after 12 years on the run
05/07/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Tonopah, Arizona – A fugitive couple have been placed in police custody after 12 years on the run. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Nelson Grant Hallahan, 65, and his wife Janet Hallahan, 54 were captured by U.S. Marshals Saturday in Arizona. The Illinois couple was reportedly on the lam for more than a decade in connection with a ponzi scheme for which they were trying to evade punishment.
U.S. Marshal for Arizona David Gonzales is quoted by the AP as saying in a statement released following the couple’s capture, “The 12-year run from justice of the Hallahans, also known as the ‘Mini Madoffs,’ has come to an end… Their investment scams involving family, friends, and the elderly, ruined many lives.”
The couple, whose sentencing for their scams was to take place in January of 2000, owed a reported $1.2 million to investors.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- White supremacist charged in shooting deaths at Jewish community sites
- North Dakota abortion law overturned by federal judge
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident
- Veteran teacher fired after ordering ‘hit’ on student
- Woman accused of killing her newborns appears in court
- IRS audit odds lowest since 1980s
- Man attempts to open door during flight, plane rerouted