Child bride breaks tradition, gets annulment
04/26/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash
Jaipur, India – A couple in India have recently obtained the first child marriage annulment. As reported by AFP, Laxmi Sargara whose family arranged her marriage to her husband when she was just one year old, and he three, was granted an annulment this week after 17 years.
The annulment is reportedly a first for child marriages, as activists work to challenge unions of this type. Sargara is quoted by AFP as stating after obtaining the annulment, “I was unhappy about the marriage. I told my parents who did not agree with me, then I sought help… Now I am mentally relaxed and my family members are also with me.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in family law news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Former wrestler dies in apparent suicide reports say
- George Zimmerman accused of threatening to kill driver
- Dismissal of Florida smoker lawsuits against tobacco companies upheld by court
- Wyoming workplace deaths decline, study shows
- Remains of missing Tennessee woman identified
- Kris Jenner increases security after receiving death threats?
- Google announces acquisition of Lift Labs
- Jury award reduced by half in police car crash case
- Man arrested after allegedly stalking Bristol Palin
- Trump Taj Mahal could close amid bankruptcy filing