Child bride breaks tradition, gets annulment
04/26/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash
Jaipur, India – A couple in India have recently obtained the first child marriage annulment. As reported by AFP, Laxmi Sargara whose family arranged her marriage to her husband when she was just one year old, and he three, was granted an annulment this week after 17 years.
The annulment is reportedly a first for child marriages, as activists work to challenge unions of this type. Sargara is quoted by AFP as stating after obtaining the annulment, “I was unhappy about the marriage. I told my parents who did not agree with me, then I sought help… Now I am mentally relaxed and my family members are also with me.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in family law news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Oscar Pistorius receives 5-year prison sentence for girlfriend’s death
- Global warming linked to mass extinction millions of years ago, study says
- Ebola to make chocolate prices soar?
- Nicole Scherzinger opens up about self-esteem battle, new album
- Panel approves $800,000 in spending for help with Ebola in Ohio
- Nurse’s aide in Spain now free of Ebola
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages