Aide takes stand in John Edwards corruption trial
04/25/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash
North Carolina – The key witness for the prosecution gave testimony Tuesday in the corruption trial of former Senator John Edwards. As reported by The New York Times, Andrew Young, a former aide of Edwards’ took the stand for the second day and discussed intricate efforts Edwards made to conceal his affair from his family and others.
Edwards was indicted last June on six counts of felony charges linked to the misuse of campaign funds in connection with his purported extramarital affair with former campaign worker Rielle Hunter. On the witness stand Tuesday, Young disclosed details of the scheme to provide monetary support for Hunter and the use of illegal campaign contributions.
Young is quoted in the report as stating regarding plans to devise a way to support Edwards’ mistress after his then wife Elizabeth Edwards found out about the affair, “This was going to be a long-term problem, and Miss Hunter had good taste.”
Elizabeth Edwards died of breast cancer in 2010 after legally separating from her husband upon learning he fathered a child with Hunter.
Edwards may be sentenced to up to 30 years in prison if convicted of all of the charges and forced to pay $1.5 million in fines.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Protective order sought in Adrian Peterson case
- Suspension recommended for judge who took free trip from attorney
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment
- Dawn Nguyen sentenced to jail time over fatal shooting spree
- Woman commits suicide by throwing self into crocodile pond
- Lolo Jones first to be eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” current season
- Permit required for self-driving cars in California
- Nevada trucking company may be liable for millions in crash
- Idaho crash triggered after driver’s armpit hair burned