Mother files lawsuit after gas station shooting death of son
04/23/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash
Detroit, MI – The mother of a man who was reportedly killed in a dispute with a gas station attendant last month has filed a wrongful death lawsuit in connection with the incident. As reported by the Detroit Free Press, the Detroit mother Rada Haynes, whose 24 year-old son Michael Haynes II died last month after being shot by station attendant Ibrahim Kassim Saleh recently filed the lawsuit against Saleh, the hospital that treated her son prior to his death, and the petroleum supplier of the gas station.
According to the lawsuit, Haynes was unarmed when Saleh shot him after he knocked over a display while leaving. The suit also alleges that after Haynes was taken to Sinai-Grace hospital by two companions, he was detained by security guards and not provided timely needed medical attention.
James Harrington IV, an attorney with the Geoffrey Fieger law firm which represents the plaintiff, is quoted in the report as stating of the incident, “What happened to Michael was just wrong on so many levels…What we’re trying to do is get justice for the family and their questions answered.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Michigan wrongful death injury news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Veteran teacher fired after ordering ‘hit’ on student
- Woman accused of killing her newborns appears in court
- IRS audit odds lowest since 1980s
- Man attempts to open door during flight, plane rerouted
- Ex-wife of congressman accuses him of violating divorce terms
- Family of ‘affluenza’ teen won’t pay full cost of court-ordered treatment
- Target in Pennsylvania school stabbing rampage unknown
- Ethics complaint filed by outdoors enthusiasts over bill changes
- Families sue Disney over access ride policy for disabled
- Reward offered by PG&E in Silicon Valley power grid attack