Manhattan construction accident lawyer: West Side crane collapse kills one
04/12/2012 // New York City, NY, USA // New York City Accident Lawyer // Jonathan C Reiter
On Tuesday, April 3, 2012, a crane collapse at a construction site where the Metropolitan Transportation Authority is building an extension of the No.7 subway line resulted in the death of one worker and serious injuries to another, confirms Manhattan construction accident lawyer Jonathan C Reiter. The accident is the third fatal collapse in the past four years.
New York City injury attorney Jonathan C Reiter explains the crane was positioned on the second of three levels on the construction site in Manhattan early Tuesday evening. According to Fire Department officials, the boom came apart in two pieces, one 40 feet long and the other 80 feet long. Manhattan construction injury lawyer Reiter identifies the worker killed as Michael Simermeyer, 30, of Burlington, NJ. One worker was hospitalized for a leg injury and three others were treated for minor injuries.
The crane was owned and operated by Yonkers Contracting Co., according to information received from the MTA.
As of Wednesday, April 4, 2012, the New York City transit agency was inspecting cranes at construction sites around the city. All work at the Manhattan site is suspended until further notice, explains Manhattan construction accident lawyer Jonathan C Reiter.
The leading New York City injury attorneys at the Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter bring this news story to you. For more information about accident cases or the law firm of Jonathan C. Reiter visit www.jcreiterlaw.com or call 888-464-1952 to schedule an appointment with a Manhattan construction accident lawyer.
Online New York City Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 350 5th Avenue Suite 2811 New York, NY 10118
Url: New York City Accident Lawyer
Other News / Press Releases
- Two People Injured After Manhattan Deli Car Crash
- NYC Worker Injured in Subway Construction Accident
- NY Bus Accident Report: Coach Bus Crashes into Boston Overpass Injuring 35
- MTA Considers Alarm System for Fallen Passengers
- NY Tour Bus Driver Found Not Guilty of Manslaughter for 2011 Crash
- Bronx Construction Worker Killed by Falling Industrial Cooler
- Lincoln Tunnel Bus Crash Injures Passengers Headed to NYC
- Can There Be Compensation for Construction Accidents in Natural Disasters?
- New York City Officials Warned of Storm Surge Dangers in 2009
- Long Island Crash Kills 4 Teens