NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
04/06/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Manhattan, NY — One person was killed and four others were injured in a crane accident at a Manhattan construction site Tuesday night, April 3, 2012. The fatal construction accident occurred at the site of the No. 7 subway line extension on Manhattan’s West Side, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.
According to reports, the boom of a crane came off its base and fell to the ground, which was positioned on the second of three levels of the construction site. The FDNY stated that the boom separated in two pieces—one 80-feet-long and the other 40-feet-long.
It is unknown at this time what caused the crane to separate.
Responding emergency crews pronounced one man, identified as New Jersey resident Michael Simermeyer, dead at the scene.
Rescue teams also pulled four others out from the construction site, which is about 60 feet below street level. One worker was rushed to an area hospital in serious condition. Three other workers sustained minor injuries.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority and the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are investigating the fatal construction accident.
“On behalf of the entire MTA, we pray for the recovery of the workers injured as a result of this tragic accident,” the MTA said in a statement.
Investigations are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York construction accident lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston