Worker Dies Following PARTA Construction Accident in Kent
03/29/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Kent, OH — A Barberton construction worker has died following a Tuesday, March 27, 2012, accident at a downtown Kent construction site. The fatal construction accident occurred at the job site for the Kent Central Gateway transit center, which is being built by the Portage Area Regional Transportation Authority (PARTA) on DePeyster Street at East Erie Street near Haymaker Parkway, the Recorbpub.com reports.
Russell Hirschfelt, 49, was crushed between a backhoe and a stack of concrete slabs at about 10:45 a.m., leaving him with life-threatening injuries.
It is unknown what caused Hirschfelt to become caught between the backhoe and concrete slabs.
Responding emergency crews rushed Hirschfelt to Akron City Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 6:17 p.m. The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled that Hirschfelt died from blunt force trauma to the pelvis.
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are investigating. PARTA is also cooperating with all ongoing investigations.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Ohio construction accident lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston