Escaped Lexington Correctional Facility Inmate Causes Wreck on I-35
03/28/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Springer, OK — A three-vehicle accident was sparked by an inmate, who stole a correctional facility van and fled for freedom, on Tuesday, March 27, 2012. The inmate escaped from the Lexington correctional facility and evaded police until he was spotted near Pauls Valley on south Interstate 35, the Daily Ardmoreite reports.
Inmate David Hammock escaped from the jail and stole a Department of Corrections van, leading the Oklahoma Highway Patrol on a high-speed pursuit.
The pursuit, which reaches speeds of 90 miles per hour, came to an end at mile marker 41. Due to the OHP’s attempt to control the traffic with a road block, and with another one three miles down the highway, Hammock tried to pass between two cars at an estimated 65 miles per hour when traffic began to slow.
Hammock’s attempt to pass the cars failed. He hit one vehicle, before going off the roadway where he crashed into an OHP unit that was parked on the grass.
Police arrested Hammock, who escaped the wreck without serious injury.
The occupants of the vehicle Hammock struck were checked out at the scene by medical professionals, and refused treatment.
Hammock is currently serving a sentence of four years for second degree burglary and a 17-year sentence for second degree arson.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Oklahoma automobile accident lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston