FDA Warning: Spinbrush Toothbrushes’ Causing Chipped, Broken Teeth
02/21/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Washington, D.C. — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a consumer warning concerning Arm & Hammer’s Spinbrush (known as Crest Spinbrush prior to 2009), over reports that the toothbrushes have broken, or chipped teeth and cut consumer’s mouths, reports the Washington Post.
The FDA issued the warning on Thursday, February 16, 2012, after receiving reports that the toothbrushes have popped off during use, which has caused chipped or broken teeth, cuts to the mouth and gums, as well as injuries to the face and eyes.
In some cases, consumers have swallowed or choked on the broken pieces of the their toothbrushes.
The toothbrushes are made in adult and child versions.
Spinbrush’s manufacturers, Church & Dwight, released a statement concerning the warning:
“There have been a small number of adverse event reports involving minor injury such as a chipped tooth, which we have shared with the FDA, but it is important to consider the relatively low incidence of these adverse event reports. Nearly 40 million Spinbrush toothbrushes have been sold during the past two years, generating approximately 1.5 billion brushing events on an annual basis. The few adverse events that have been reported represent an extremely low incidence rate, and in the rare instances of these adverse events, they were the result of the product being used well beyond its recommended life or consumer misuse. Spinbrush products are safe and effective when used as directed. We are aware of no incidents of serious injury to consumers.”
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston