CPSC: American Honda Recalls ATVs for Crash Hazards
02/22/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Torrance, CA — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the American Honda Motor Company have voluntarily recalled All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV) over crash hazards the vehicle poses to consumers. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on February 21, 2012.
The ATV recall was issued after discovering that a weld on the ATV’s front right upper suspension arm can separate, which can cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle and pose a crash hazard.
“The recalled vehicles are two-wheel drive 2012 Honda FourTrax Rancher ATV models TRX420TE and TRX420TM. The ATVs are red or green and have the word ‘Honda’ on both sides of the fuel tank and the word “Rancher” on the front cowl below the handlebars and on the left rear fender,” the CPSC reported.
Rancher models in the following VIN ranges are being recalled:
• Model: TRX420TE
• VIN Ranges: 1HFTE344* C4500841 thru C4502580
• Model: TRX420TM
• VIN Ranges: 1HFTE340* C4500542 thru C4501681
Consumers are advised to contact their local Honda ATV dealer to schedule a free repair.
For more information, consumers can contact American Honda between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday toll-free at (866) 784-1870 or visit http://powersports.honda.com. American Honda is contacting its customers directly.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston