CPSC: Giant Bicycle Recalls Two 2012 Models for Fall Hazards
01/18/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Newbury Park, CA — Fall hazards posed by 2012 Model Year Giant Defy Advanced and Avail Advanced Bicycles has prompted a nationwide recall. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Giant Bicycle Inc. announced the product recall on January 18, 2012.
The bicycle recall was issued after discovering that the fork can crack, which poses a fall hazard to riders.
“This recall involves all 2012 model year men’s Giant Defy Advanced 0, 1 and 2 model bicycles and the women’s Giant Avail Advanced 0, 1, and 2 model bicycles. ‘Giant’ and the model name are printed on the bicycle. The bicycles are various colors and sizes,” reported the CPSC.
Consumers are advised to contact any authorized Giant Bicycle dealer to schedule a free inspection and replacement of the fork.
For more information, consumers can contact Giant Bicycle toll-free at (866) 458-2555 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or visit www.giant-bicycles.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston