CSX Train, Snow Plow Collide in Central Indiana Injured Driver
12/01/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Lizton, IN — A CSX train and a snow plow collided Wednesday morning, November 30, 2011, seriously injuring the driver of the plow. The collision occurred at railroad tracks crossing County Road 151 North, just west of Lizton, reported WISHTV.
According to officials, the driver of the snow plow, 65-year-old Richard Layman, of Danville, was northbound on County Road 151 when he reached a stop sign at a railroad crossing.
Layman allegedly slowed down at the stop sign, but did not stop before crossing onto the tracks, according to the conductor of the train.
The train, which was traveling westbound at 45 mph, subsequently slammed into the snow plow. The collision left the plow with significant damage, as well as injuring Layman.
Responding emergency crews called in a medical helicopter to airlift Layman to St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
Layman was reportedly conscious and was complaining of pain in his legs and arms. His injuries are being considered as non-life-threatening.
Investigations are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Indiana train accident lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston