2 Semi-Trucks, Bus Collide in Nebraska; 33 People Injured
10/07/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Gibbon, NE — Over 30 people were injured Thursday morning, October 6, 2011, when a Denver-bound bus slammed into an overturn semi-truck on Interstate 80. The bus accident occurred around 2 a.m. in south-central Nebraska, about two miles east of the Gibbon exit, reported USA Today.
According to the Nebraska State Patrol, the overturned semi-truck was blocking the westbound lanes of traffic when the bus collided with it and went into the interstate median. A second 18-wheerler clipped the overturned semi and ran into a ditch.
It is currently unknown what caused the semi-truck to overturn in the first place.
Thirty-three people on the bus were reportedly injured in the wreck. No fatalities were reported.
Responding emergency crews transported 24 people, including the driver, to area hospitals for treatment. The driver and one passenger were reportedly critically injured in the crash.
The bus was reportedly on its way to Denver from Omaha when the accident occurred.
Investigations into the semi-truck and bus accident are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Nebraska personal injury lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston