Rock Fall at Colorado’s Red Rocks Amphitheater Injures 7 at STS9 Concert
09/12/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Morrison, CO — A rock fall at the Red Rocks Amphitheater where STS9 was holding a concert left seven people with injuries when rocks began falling into the crowd. The rock fall took place at about 1 a.m., Sunday, September 11, 2011, reported KDVR.
According to officials, the rocks are believed to have fallen off a large rock formation and into the north side of the amphitheater.
Responding emergency crews rushed four people to area hospitals for treatment of undisclosed injuries. Seven people in all were injured in the rock fall.
“It’s possible it was a natural rock slide. It’s also possible someone was climbing the rocks in a prohibited area and knocked the rocks loose. How that occurred is under investigation,” said Lt Brendan Finnegan with West Metro Fire to KDVR.
Signs are posted in front of the rocks that warns people that no climbing is allowed. If found climbing the rocks, violators can face a $999 fine, jail or both. No one has been cited for this incident at this time.
Investigations into the rock fall are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Colorado personal injury attorneys.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston