PA Construction Accident: Trench Collapse Buries Pennsylvania Worker Alive
06/22/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Manheim Township, PA — A construction accident Tuesday afternoon, June 21, 2011, in Manheim Township left a 27-year-old worker dead when a trench collapsed at the construction site. The fatal construction accident occurred at 2:15 p.m. at Worthington at Township Square along Oregon Pike at Royer Road, reported Lancaster Online.
According to police officials, construction worker Butch Sweitzer was laying residential water lines in a 10-foot trench when it suddenly collapsed onto him.
Co-workers attempted to rescue Sweitzer, but were unable to.
When responding emergency crews arrived at the scene, they blocked off the area around the trench due to its instability.
Rescue crews determined they were not going to be able to save Sweitzer’s life and began trying to recover his body. A track hoe was used to dig at a 45-degree angle to reach Sweitzer. Rescuers remained on the scene until about 7 p.m.
Sweitzer was reportedly employed by York Excavating Company at the time.
Investigators with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) arrived at the scene to conduct a preliminary investigation into the fatal construction accident. It is unknown what caused the trench to cave in.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Pennsylvania construction accident lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston