Federal Lawsuit Blames School for Football Concussions, Passing Grades
04/08/2011 // Greensboro, NC, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Pittsburgh, PA — The Highlands School District is facing a lawsuit filed by the family of a football player who suffered football-related concussions, which led to permanent brain damage. The federal lawsuit named the school district and the teen’s coaches as the defendants, reported WPXI.
The mother of the football payer, Megan Alt, claims that her son was forced to play through his injuries. Her son, Zachary Alt, reportedly suffered three concussions while playing football for Highlands High School when he was a sophomore in 2007.
The suit claims the coaches ignored visible signs of a concussion and put Zachary back into the game to continue playing.
“I brought him home from the hospital and he don’t remember things in the house he lived in. He don’t remember,” Megan Alt said. “At this point, we don’t know how long he will deal with what. Some of it will last the rest of his life.”
In addition, the lawsuit asserts that school administrators changed failing grades to passing grades so that Zachary could be “shuffled through the system.”
The school released a statement saying, “Highlands School District has yet to receive or review the lawsuit. When the lawsuit is presented, the district solicitor will respond through the court system.”
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley- Legal news for Pennsylvania personal injury attorneys.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston