San Francisco Injury Lawyer: City Has Highest Number of Crash Injuries, Deaths
02/02/2011 // San Francisco , CA, USA // Mary Alexander // San Francisco Injury Lawyer Mary Alexander
San Francisco, CA—The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), which analyzed traffic accident statistics for the year 2009, found that San Francisco had the highest number of fatalities and injuries reported in connection with motor vehicle crashes. According to information provided by San Francisco Chronicle bloggers, San Francisco ranked No. 1 in accident-induced deaths and injuries when compared with other California cities of 250,000 people or more when calculated by the number of miles driven. When the state traffic safety agency evaluated statistics with a focus on the population alone, San Francisco ranked seventh out of 13 cities that had 250,000 or more inhabitants.
A total of 3,745 people, including 736 pedestrians, 293 motorcyclists and 522 bicyclists, were injured or killed in San Francisco traffic accidents in 2009. The city reportedly had the highest number of pedestrians, bicycles and motorcycles involved in injurious or fatal collisions, with regard to both the population and miles driven. It was estimated that residents and non-residents drive an average of approximately 4.9 million miles per day in San Francisco. According to the report, San Francisco rose from fourth place on the list of traffic accidents resulting in injury or death in 2006 to first place in 2009. “It’s the totality of these of these things that make it so bad,” California OTS Assistant Director Chris Cochran said.
*Leading Bay Area auto accident attorney Mary Alexander states if you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. With more than 25 years of experience litigating the multifaceted personal injury and wrongful death claims of accident victims and their families, contacting San Francisco injury lawyer Mary Alexander may help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Address: 44 Montogomery St., San Francisco, CA
Other News / Press Releases
- Bail set at $1 million for Florida airport bomb suspect
- Florida Government Contract Law Firm Upgrades Website
- Florida Justice Association Elects Fred A. Cunningham as President
- Miami Injury Lawyers: 9 Months After Girl’s Death-Child Left on School Bus Again
- Miami Injury Lawyers: Highway Deaths Drop But Cell Phones Present New Dangers
- Miami Injury Lawyers Alert: Theme Park Rides Bring Big Thrills—and Big Dangers
- CA Maritime Accident Lawyer: Charity Sailboat Trip Kills 2 in San Diego Bay
- Medical Malpractice: Your Right to Recovery
- Bay Area Sex Abuse Lawyer: Belmont Coach Arrested for Molestation of 2 Students
- Bay Area Workplace Accident Lawyer: Dockworker loses both legs at Oakland Port