Construction Worker Fell 45-Ft From Scaffold, Killed at Fort Lee
11/29/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Fort Lee, VA—A civilian construction worker was killed after he fell about 45-feet from scaffolding on November 24, 2010. The fatal construction accident occurred at a barracks building at the corner of 40th Street and E. Avenue, as reported by the Progress-Index.
According to Army officials, Clinton Duke Clark, 40, was working as a laborer from Manning Construction, when he fell about 45-feet from scaffold. It is currently unknown what prompted Clark to fall, but officials say he was wearing a safety harness.
Fort Lee Fire and Emergency Services crews arrived at the scene within six minutes, and found that Clark had a weak pulse. A military ambulance rushed Clark to John Randolph Memorial Hospital in Hopewell, where attending doctors pronounced him dead at 11:02 a.m.
A full investigation into the construction accident and how it occurred is currently underway. It was not reported if the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) would be investigating as well.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Virginia construction accident lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston