Injury Hazard: Fisher Price Trikes and Tough Trikes Toddler Tricycles Recalled
09/30/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
East Aurora, NY—The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Health Canada and Fisher-Price have voluntarily recalled about 7 million Fisher Price Trikes and Tough Trikes toddler tricycles and another 150,000 in Canada. The recall was initiated on September 30, 2010 over serious injury hazards the tricycles pose.
The recall was initiated after discovering that a child can hit, sit or fall on the protruding plastic ignition keys, which can cause serious injury, including genital bleeding.
According to the CPSC press release, “This recall involves the Fisher-Price Trikes and Tough Trikes toddler tricycles… that have either a disc-shaped or D-shaped pretend key. The model numbers are located under the seat in the storage compartment. The trikes are intended for children 2 to 5 years of age. The pretend keys are located about 3 inches in front of the seat and protrude at least 5/8 inches above the trike’s body. The trikes manufactured after June 16, 2010 are not included in this recall. These trikes have a modified key in a flattened D shape (see picture below) and a manufacturer run number higher than 1670Q2. The run number indicates the trike was manufactured on the 167th day of 2010 or on June 16, 2010. The run number is found under the seat below the model number.”
The tricycles were sold nationwide from January 1997 through September 2010. For all model numbers involved in this recall, please visit http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10359.html.
Consumers can contact Fisher-Price to obtain a free replacement key.
For more information concerning the recall, consumers can contact Fisher-Price at (800) 432-5437 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit their website at www.service.mattel.com.
Health Canada’s press release is available at: http://cpsr-rspc.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/recall-retrait-eng.jsp?re_id=1176.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability attorneys.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston