Fisher-Price Recall: Inflatable Balls Recalled Over Choking Hazards
09/30/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
East Aurora, NY—The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Health Canada and Fisher-Price have voluntarily recalled about 2.8 million inflatable balls in the U.S. and another 125,000 in Canada. The recall was announced on September 30, 2010, over choking hazard the balls pose.
The recall was initiated after discovering that the inflatable balls’ valve can detach, posing a choking hazard to young hazards.
The products involved in the recall include:
• Baby Playzone™
• Crawl & Cruise Playground™
• Baby Playzone™ Crawl & Slide Arcade™
• Baby Gymtastics™ Play Wall
• Ocean Wonders™ Kick & Crawl™ Aquarium (C3068 and H8094)
• 1-2-3 Tetherball™
• Bat & Score Goal™
According to the CPSC press release, “Baby Playzone™ Crawl & Cruise Playground™, Baby Playzone™ Crawl & Slide Arcade™ and Baby Gymtastics™ Play Wall were made in Mexico. The Ocean Wonders™ Kick & Crawl™ Aquarium, 1-2-3 Tetherball™ and Bat & Score Goal™ were made in China.” There have been 46 reports of incidents in the U.S. and eight in Canada of the valve coming off. Three reports indicated that a child began to choke when they valve fell off. No injuries have been reported.
Consumers can contact Fisher-Price for a free repair kit.
For more information about the recall, consumers can contact Fisher-Price at (800) 432-5437 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit the firm’s website at www.service.mattel.com.
For further information about the description of the products, consumers can visit the CPSC’s press release at http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10362.html. Health Canada’s press release is available at http://cpsr-rspc.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/recall-retrait-eng.jsp?re_id=1178.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability attorneys.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston