Louisville KY Injury News: Family Sues Walmart After Finding Dead Mouse In Milk
08/18/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, USA // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan
Louisville, KY—A pair of disturbed grandparents filed a personal injury lawsuit against Walmart after drinking from a mouse-contaminated milk container for three days. The lawsuit was filed in Jefferson County Court on Monday, August 16, 2010, according to information provided by the Courier-Journal.
Reports indicated Robert and Rosalind Grant, along with their 23-month-old granddaughter, went to Sam’s Club along Alliant Avenue. The couple seemingly purchased the jug of milk and went back home.
The lawsuit alleged the Grants reportedly opened the container of milk of May 5, and went on to drink from it for three days before Rosalind Grant “discovered a dead mouse” in the jug.
The family subsequently took the gallon of milk and accompanying mouse friend to the Kentucky Department of Public Health (DPH) where they filed a written complaint.
The Grants also contended their young grandchild had blood in her stool after consuming the contaminated milk. The lawsuit claims the family “suffered embarrassment, humiliation and emotional distress,” resultant of the troubling incident.
According to the personal injury lawyer representing the family, “This has been a traumatic experience for the Grants… They were completely shocked.”
The suit names Walmart, which owns Sam’s Club, and Superior Dairy Inc., of Ohio, as defendants. The family is seeking non-economic and punitive damages through a trial by jury.
The case continues.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Phone: (866) 598-1315
Other News / Press Releases
- Oscar Pistorius receives 5-year prison sentence for girlfriend’s death
- Global warming linked to mass extinction millions of years ago, study says
- Ebola to make chocolate prices soar?
- Nicole Scherzinger opens up about self-esteem battle, new album
- Panel approves $800,000 in spending for help with Ebola in Ohio
- Nurse’s aide in Spain now free of Ebola
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages