Las Vegas Hazing Lawsuit: Over 30 entities named in football camp hazing suit
07/02/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Nicole Howley // Nicole Howley
Las Vegas, NM—A hazing scandal, in which six football players sodomized nine younger players at a football camp in 2008, has resulted in a civil lawsuit. The victims and their families filed a lawsuit on Wednesday, June 30, 2010, as reported by KOAT.
In 2008, the Robertson High School football team attended a football camp near Las Vegas, N.M., when six older players sodomized nine younger players with a broomstick.
The older players were kicked off the team and expelled as a result of the hazing incident.
The victims and their families have since filed a civil lawsuit against more than 30 defendants, including the six football players, their parents, Las Vegas City Schools and administration, the coaches and the camp where the hazing took place. The lawsuit is seeking damages for the sexual attacks, violation of civil rights and the conspiracy the plaintiff’s allege is surrounding the incident.
The coaches were not properly certified and they laughed off the incident when it took place, according to the lawsuit. The suit also claims that the school, the camp or the adults in charge did not provide a safe environment from the start.
The lawsuit is seeking unspecified damages, but because the case involved violation of civil rights, the compensation will be based on the school’s federal funding, which can result in millions for the families.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New Mexico personal injury lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston