Food Safety Alert: Wally’s Nut House recalled snack mixes due to allergen risks
05/28/2010 // West Palm Beach, Florida, USA // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan
Oak Grove, MO—Wally’s Nut House, LLC and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have recalled 16-ounce packages of snack mix due to undeclared milk, soy, and/or wheat. The FDA announced the recall of Tailgate Crunch Mix, Country Western Mix, Cranberry Raisin Mix, Party Mix, Hot ‘n Spicy Mix, and Louisiana Cajun Mix on Thursday, May 27, 2010.
The snack mixes were recalled due to the heath risks that may pose to consumers with allergies to milk, soy and wheat. Individuals with allergies or food sensitivities to the said undeclared products run the risk of suffering serious or life-threatening allergic reactions if they ingest them.
According to the FDA, “The product is packaged in 16-ounce clear plastic bags with a resealable opening. The product labels do not include any codes or expiration dating… The recall was initiated after labeling omissions were discovered. Production of the product has been suspended until the FDA and Wally’s Nut House are certain that the problem has been corrected.”
The snack mixes were sold through fundraising events in Kansas and Missouri. They were also available for purchase through mail order nationwide.
Consumers have been urged to contact Oak Grove, Missouri-based Wally’s Nut House for resolution with regard to the recalled snack mixes. Wally’s Nut House can be reached at (800) 748-7041 any day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Product Liability Lawyers.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Phone: (866) 598-1315
Other News / Press Releases
- Rosie O’Donnell, Michelle Rounds to divorce
- Amber Rose’s body cited in manslaughter case
- New cyber intelligence agency created by Obama
- Former Colorado police chief says JonBenet Ramsey case mishandled
- Giuliana Rancic makes apology after dreadlock comment controversy
- Apple emoji options to become more diverse
- Southwest Airlines grounds planes over inspection oversight
- Google puts ban on sexually explicit content on Blogger
- Linkedin settles password link lawsuit
- Guy Fieri serves as officiate of free wedding for gay couples