FDA Recall: VALU TIME Ranch Dressing poses allergy threat
05/21/2010 // West Palm Beach, Florida, USA // Nicole Howley // Nicole Howley
Santa Ana, CA—VALU TIME brand Ranch Dressing has been voluntarily recalled by VanLaw Food Products, Inc. The recall was initiated because the product label was lacking an egg allergen declaration, according to a press released distributed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The recalled dressing involved products with a code date of use by APR 21 11. The FDA reported that the “back label of the ranch dressing was mislabeled with a VALU TIME Light Ranch Dressing and in particular the label is missing an egg allergen declaration.”
The recalled products were distributed to a limited number of Save Mart/Food Maxx stores located across Northern California. Approximately 378.5 cases (2,271 bottles) are could have been sold to customers with the date code of APR 21 11. Consumers can locate the case above the back label on the bottle of dressing. No other VALU Times products and/or codes dates are included in the recall.
At this time no illnesses have been reported in connection with this recall.
Those who have a severe sensitivity or allergy to eggs have a risk of a serious or life threatening allergic reaction should they consume this product.
Anyone who has purchased this product is advised to return the dressing to the place of purchase for a full refund. Do not consume the product.
For more information consumers can contact Suzanne Gibson at (714) 870-9091 (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST).
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability attorneys.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- NYPD sued by civil rights groups over Muslim spying programs
- Bad eyesight likely contributor in fiery Oklahoma train crash
- Girl with special needs kicked out of theater for “humming”
- Suspect in custody after New Jersey restaurant shooting
- Supreme Court votes to allow ‘pay-for-delay’ generic drug deal challenges
- Allen Iverson ex-wife claims he’s kidnapped their children
- Former NFL player released from prison
- California prison airborne fungus case being considered by judge
- Three left dead after violent Pico Rivera crash
- Media mogul Rupert Murdoch, wife to divorce