San Francisco CA accident: Taxi runs red light, causes chain-reaction crash
Legal news for California automobile accident attorneys. A taxi who ran a red light caused a collision that resulted in injuries in downtown San Francisco.
California automobile accident attorneys alert- A taxi driver ran a red light in downtown San Francisco, leaving pedestrians and motorists with injuries.
San Francisco, CA– A red light runner caused a chain-reaction crash in downtown San Francisco, sending five people to the hospital with injuries. The Monday afternoon, April 19, 2010 wreck was caused by a taxi driver who failed to yield to the red traffic signal at Powell and Pine streets around 2:14 p.m., as reported by the San Francisco Chronicle.
According to witnesses, an Arrow Cab that was traveling southbound on Powell Street ran the red light at the Pine Street intersection, causing a crash with a cream-colored PT Cruiser. The wreck caused the taxi to become stuck between a fire hydrant and an apartment building located at Powell and Bush. The impact caused the PT Cruiser to spin out-of-control, hitting two pedestrian as a result. The pedestrians were reportedly on the west sidewalk of Powell Street between Pine and Bush streets when they were struck.
Responding emergency crews rushed the two pedestrians, two PT Cruiser occupants and the cab driver to an area hospital for treatment of their undisclosed injuries. Police reported that their injuries were not considered to be life-threatening. Authorities are withholding the victim’s names and current conditions at this time.
The cab driver will undergo drug and alcohol testing before police officers decide whether or not to cite him. Police officials are currently conducting a full investigation into the accident.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for California automobile accident lawyers.Online Auto Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- New York Injury Attorney News: Man struck, killed by city bus in Bronx
- CA Auto Accident: 5 Injured When SUV Plowed into Pedestrians on Sidewalk
- Chicago auto accident: Traffic stop, crash injures police officer and 3 others
- Massachusetts auto accident: Pregnant mother crashes minivan into daycare
- Los Angeles auto accident: DMV worker injured in driving test crash
- Raleigh NC auto accident: Police car, ambulance crash en route to shooting call
- Austin TX wrong way crash: Driver found dead inside burning vehicle
- Study: High-speed police chases are killing innocent bystanders
- Washington D.C. automobile accident: 1 killed, 6 injured in car vs. van crash
- San Francisco CA accident: Taxi runs red light, causes chain-reaction crash