Baraboo Wisconsin aviation accident: Pilot serious injured in small plane crash
Legal News for Wisconsin Aviation Accident Attorneys. Investigators are expected to probe whether or not strong winds were to blame for a Baraboo, Wis. plane crash.
Wisconsin aviation accident lawyer alert- A pilot was seriously injured in a Baraboo, Wisconsin plane crash.
Baraboo, WI—An injurious aviation accident occurred in a field near the Baraboo-Wisconsin Dells Municipal Airport in Sauk County, Wisconsin on Thursday evening, April 15, 2010. The small plane crash happened as the pilot attempted to land at the airport at approximately 5:30 p.m., according to information provided by WKOW.com.
Reports stated a small aircraft, piloted by a Stevens Point man, was en route from Florida to the Baraboo-Wisconsin Dells Municipal Airport when the plane was downed. Preliminary investigations into the plane wreck seem to suggest windy weather conditions might have been a factor in the aviation accident.
According to Mike Eberle, who witnessed the plane crash while traveling on Highway 12 and was the first to respond to the scene, “He was upside down where he finally landed… A bunch of his stuff from his plane was strewn all over the place. He had numerous cuts on his face. He was really disoriented. He didn’t really know what happened. It caught my eye because you don’t see that every day. Where a plane is flying awkward like that and the gusts when it happened were really, really sharp.”
While a medical helicopter was initially called to airlift the victim, identified as Bill Reid, from the scene to an area hospital for treatment, the strong and extremely hazardous winds would not permit safe flying conditions. Instead, emergency medical services (EMS) crews arrived at the scene of the airplane accident within a matter of 10 minutes and transported the victim to St. Claire’s Hospital via ambulance. Though authorities did not formally disclose the pilot’s medical state, he reportedly suffered serious injuries in the aircraft crash.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is expected to conduct a full investigation into the Wisconsin aviation accident.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Wisconsin Aviation Accident Lawyers.Online Aviation Airline Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Leslie County KY plane crash: NTSB, FAA to probe double-fatal aviation accident
- Boulder CO plane crash: Plane hits car, crashes; pilot flees the scene
- Burbank CA aviation news: Southwest Airlines jet, Cessna nearly collided
- Port Huron MI aviation accident: Coast Guard helicopter crashed into Lake Huron
- Jefferson County Indiana aviation accident: Pilot/doctor killed in plane wreck
- Zellwood Florida aviation accident: FAA to probe fatal Zellwood plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident UPDATE: navy plane crash victims identified
- Baraboo Wisconsin aviation accident: Pilot serious injured in small plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident: 3 dead, 1 missing after NAS plane crash
- Louisville, Kentucky aviation accident: Michigan man injured in plane crash