Madras, Oregon truck accident: Hwy 97 crash trapped woman
Legal news for Oregon truck accident attorneys. A three-vehicle collision on Highway 97 near Madras left a woman in critical condition.
The Oregon State Police are investigating a crash involving a 18-wheeler, a Dodge 3500 and a Honda Civic.
Madras, OR—A violent collision on Highway 97, just north of Madras, critically injured a woman after her car was rear-ended by a pickup truck, causing a crash with an oncoming 18-wheeler. The multiple vehicle collision occurred on Wednesday, April 7, 2010, around 12:00 p.m., as reported by KTVZ.com.
The Oregon State Police (OSP) reported, Cathyrn Downing, 61, of Madras was driving a 2007 Honda Civic northbound on Highway 97, when she stopped to make a left turn onto Cherry Lane. A 2000 Dodge 3500 pickup truck then slammed into the back of the Honda, catapulting it into the oncoming lanes. A southbound 2008 Kenworth commercial truck carrying a trailer loaded with grocery items struck the Honda head-on. Downing’s vehicle was so badly damaged that responding rescue crews had to cut the roof off the car to extricate her from the wreckage. She was rushed by ambulance to Mountain View Hospital in Madras, where she was airlifted to St. Charles Medical Center in critical condition.
The driver of the pickup truck, Katherine White, 81, of Madras, and the driver of the semi-truck, Gurwindler Gill, 34, of Citrus Heights, Calif., were both uninjured in the wreck. All three drivers were reportedly wearing their seatbelts at the time. A full investigation is currently underway. No traffic citations have been issued thus far.
OSP troopers from Madras, Prineville and Bend responded to the wreck and are working together in the investigations. Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT), Jefferson County sheriff’s officers, fire medics and Jefferson County EMS also responded to the scene.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Oregon truck accident lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- White House: New sanctions to be imposed against Russia
- Mother of burglary suspect charged in case
- Kiefer Sutherland breaks silence on Freddie Prinze Jr. comments
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash
- New conspiracy charges for embattled California lawmaker
- Judge: Bring back firing squad executions
- Bose files suit against Beats over patents
- Sony agrees to preliminary settlement in class action case
- Fruit sold at Trader Joe’s, Costco, Ralphs recalled over Listeria scare