Ohio construction accident: 1 worker killed in trench collapse, 1 rescued
Legal News for Ohio Construction Accident Attorneys. A trench collapsed at a private construction site in Hudson, Ohio, killing one worker.
Ohio construction accident lawyer alert- Two construction workers suffered injuries ranging from non-life threatening to fatal after a Hudson, Ohio trench collapse.
Hudson, OH—Two men became trapped in a 15-foot trench after the walls suddenly collapsed at the Hudson, Ohio construction site on Wednesday morning, April 7, 2010. The construction accident caused both fatal and non-life threatening injuries, according to information provided by NewsNet5.com.
Reports stated two construction workers, employed by Portland, Ohio-based Bagnoli and Son, were working on a private construction project in a neighborhood off Norton Road when the fatal on-the-job accident occurred. The construction employees, identified as Albert Bagnoli Jr. and James Wetzl, were installing sewer lines for four Fossalto Estates homes when the walls of the 15-feet deep trench collapsed on them at approximately 11 a.m.
Emergency rescue crews and over 60 workers from around the area were at the scene for hours in an attempt to free the two construction workers, who had become ensnared beneath the dirt walls. Rescue personnel managed to pull Bagnoli Jr. from the trench around 4:30 p.m. The injured worker was subsequently airlifted to Akron City Hospital via Life Flight helicopter in “good condition.”
Wetzl, on the other hand, was not so fortunate. The 56-year-old construction worker was finally pulled from the trench around 6:30 p.m., though the severe injuries he suffered in the construction accident proved fatal at the scene. Authorities from the United States Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are expected to look into what might have caused the deadly trench collapse.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Ohio Construction Accident Lawyers.Online Construction Accidents Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- N.Y. Construction Accident Law Part 6: Ladder Accidents
- N.Y. Construction Accident Law Part 3: Trench Accidents
- N.Y. Construction Accident Law Part 2: Collapses, Fires & Explosions
- New York Construction Accident Lawyers says welding accidents include…
- Concord Debilitating Injury Attorney Blog: Enjoying Life After a Serious Injury
- What If I’ve Been Injured By Construction Site Debris?
- Bronx Construction Worker Killed by Falling Industrial Cooler
- Can There Be Compensation for Construction Accidents in Natural Disasters?
- NY Construction Workers Entitled to Compensation for Injury Caused by Negligence
- Parsons Kansas construction accident: 500-pound pipe crushes worker