Louisville, Kentucky aviation accident: Michigan man injured in plane crash
Legal News for Kentucky Aviation Accident Attorneys. A pilot was injured when the small plane he was flying ran out of fuel and crashed in Louisville, Kentucky.
Kentucky aviation accident attorney alerts- Pilot injured in single-engine plane crash near Louisville International Airport.
Louisville, KY—A single-engine plane crash left a Southfield, Michigan man injured on Tuesday, April 6, 2010. The injurious aviation accident occurred in Jefferson County at the Kentucky Exposition Center, located in close proximity to the Louisville International Airport, according to information provided by the Detroit Free Press.
Reports stated 64-year-old Allen Friedlander was piloting a single-engine Piper PA-28-180 when the aircraft ran out of fuel. The small plane had apparently departed from Michigan and was en route to Louisville, Kentucky when he ran into headwinds, causing him to fly at a slower rate of speed. The delay in his trip unfortunately caused him to run out of gasoline just as he was approaching a runway at the Louisville International Airport. His small airplane consequently crashed on Kentucky Exposition Center property.
According to the pilot’s brother, Carl Friedlander, rescue crews responded to the scene to extricate the injured pilot from the badly damaged aircraft using hydraulic rescue tools. He was reportedly hospitalized after suffering a back injury and several small fractures in the aviation accident. Allen Friedlander had been flying planes for approximately 30 years, according to his brother. Authorities from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) are expected to conduct a full investigation into the Louisville plane crash.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Kentucky Aviation Accident Lawyers.Online Aviation Airline Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Leslie County KY plane crash: NTSB, FAA to probe double-fatal aviation accident
- Boulder CO plane crash: Plane hits car, crashes; pilot flees the scene
- Burbank CA aviation news: Southwest Airlines jet, Cessna nearly collided
- Port Huron MI aviation accident: Coast Guard helicopter crashed into Lake Huron
- Jefferson County Indiana aviation accident: Pilot/doctor killed in plane wreck
- Zellwood Florida aviation accident: FAA to probe fatal Zellwood plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident UPDATE: navy plane crash victims identified
- Baraboo Wisconsin aviation accident: Pilot serious injured in small plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident: 3 dead, 1 missing after NAS plane crash
- Louisville, Kentucky aviation accident: Michigan man injured in plane crash