CPSC product alert: Niles® ZR-6 MultiZone Receivers recalled for fire hazards
Legal News for Product Liability Attorneys. The CPSC announced the recall of audio receivers which put consumers at risk of suffering fire-related injuries.
Product liability lawyer alerts- CPSC announced recall of loudspeakers due to the fire hazards they pose to consumers.
Miami, FL—Niles Audio Corp. has participated in the voluntary recall of approximately 3,800 Niles® ZR-6 MultiZone Receivers due to the fire hazard they pose to consumers. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) http://www.cpsc.gov announced the product safety recall on Tuesday, March 23, 2010.
Although no injuries have been reported in connection with the recalled audio receivers, the company allegedly received three complaints of the speakers overheating. According to the CPSC, “A failure in the receiver’s internal components can cause connected loudspeakers to overheat and cause a fire, posing a fire hazard to consumers.”
Niles® ZR-6 MultiZone Receivers are black loudspeakers, which measure 17 inches wide x 3.5 inches high x 15 inches deep, with the brand name Niles printed in the center of the audio equipment. A blue LCD display is located on the right side and the model number ZR-6 can be located on the bottom left side of the receiver.
Audio, video, and home theater custom installation specialists sold the defective audio receivers throughout the United States from July 2008 to November 2009. The loudspeakers, manufactured in China, were sold at a retail price of approximately $2,000.
As a means of preventing a potential blaze, the CPSC has urged consumers to cease use of the loudspeakers and contact Niles at (800) 667-3991 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET. The firm may also be reached via e-mail at ZR6Info@nilesaudio.com, while information concerning the recalled receivers was posted on the company’s web site at http://www.nilesaudio.com/ZR6Info.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Product Liability Lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident
- Veteran teacher fired after ordering ‘hit’ on student
- Woman accused of killing her newborns appears in court
- IRS audit odds lowest since 1980s
- Man attempts to open door during flight, plane rerouted
- Ex-wife of congressman accuses him of violating divorce terms
- Family of ‘affluenza’ teen won’t pay full cost of court-ordered treatment
- Target in Pennsylvania school stabbing rampage unknown
- Ethics complaint filed by outdoors enthusiasts over bill changes
- Families sue Disney over access ride policy for disabled