CPSC product alert: Niles® ZR-6 MultiZone Receivers recalled for fire hazards
Legal News for Product Liability Attorneys. The CPSC announced the recall of audio receivers which put consumers at risk of suffering fire-related injuries.
Product liability lawyer alerts- CPSC announced recall of loudspeakers due to the fire hazards they pose to consumers.
Miami, FL—Niles Audio Corp. has participated in the voluntary recall of approximately 3,800 Niles® ZR-6 MultiZone Receivers due to the fire hazard they pose to consumers. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) http://www.cpsc.gov announced the product safety recall on Tuesday, March 23, 2010.
Although no injuries have been reported in connection with the recalled audio receivers, the company allegedly received three complaints of the speakers overheating. According to the CPSC, “A failure in the receiver’s internal components can cause connected loudspeakers to overheat and cause a fire, posing a fire hazard to consumers.”
Niles® ZR-6 MultiZone Receivers are black loudspeakers, which measure 17 inches wide x 3.5 inches high x 15 inches deep, with the brand name Niles printed in the center of the audio equipment. A blue LCD display is located on the right side and the model number ZR-6 can be located on the bottom left side of the receiver.
Audio, video, and home theater custom installation specialists sold the defective audio receivers throughout the United States from July 2008 to November 2009. The loudspeakers, manufactured in China, were sold at a retail price of approximately $2,000.
As a means of preventing a potential blaze, the CPSC has urged consumers to cease use of the loudspeakers and contact Niles at (800) 667-3991 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET. The firm may also be reached via e-mail at [email protected], while information concerning the recalled receivers was posted on the company’s web site at http://www.nilesaudio.com/ZR6Info.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Product Liability Lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Contesting the Right to Unemployment Benefits
- Bill O’Reilly calls exaggerated report claims ‘smear campaign’
- Texas immigration attorney arrested for visa application forgery
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ star to receive award after comments about LBGT community
- Kanye West seeks “Steve Jobs of Gap” status
- Vanilla Ice accused of burglary of renovated home
- Hiker found frozen to death in New Hampshire
- Niagara Falls even bigger attraction frozen
- Lawsuit filed by Food Network show host over Contessa Chef Inspired foods
- Model Katherine Webb speaks out about issues with online bullying