Burberry files trademark infringement lawsuit against TJ Maxx
Legal news for New York business litigation attorneys. Luxury fashion house Burberry, filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against off-price stores.
New York business litigation lawyers alert- Burberry filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against TJX Cos for counterfeit products.
New York, NY—Burberry, a British luxury fashion house, has filed a trademark lawsuit against off-price retail stores TJ Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods stores, who are operated by TJX Cos, for selling various counterfeit products. The case Burberry Ltd v. The TJX Companies Inc, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 10-01711, was filed on March 3, 2010 in the Manhattan federal court, as reported by Reuters.
Burberry, who is famous for what they call their “Burberry Check,” which consists of a cross-hatched design using camel, red, black and white colors, claimed its trademarks “have become famous and serve to symbolize Burberry and its reputation as a manufacturer of high-quality luxury brand products.” The lawsuit accuses the named retail outlets of selling numerous trademark items like jackets, picture frames, polo shits, scarves and luggage, during a four-year period. Through the sale of the trademark-infringing products, Burberry alleges that TJX stores are trying “to attract their target customer base and profit at Burberry’s expense.” A TJX spokesperson released and statement that claims “the company was ‘disappointed’ by Burberry’s claims, and that it has ‘not attempted to fool anyone’ into believing they were buying Burberry products. She said TJX is contacting vendors who sold it the goods at issue.”
Burberry is seeking to stop the sale of the infringing products, the destruction of unauthorized products, a requirement that TJX make “corrective advertisements,” triple damages and other various corrective measures.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York business litigation lawyers.Online Business Litigation Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Class Action & Business Litigation Attorney Robert C Gilbert Joins Grossman Roth
- “Tax Lady” Roni Deutch Sued for $34M for Alleged Fraud
- Virginia Beach VA business litigation: Adoption agency sued for alleged fraud
- Wisconsin Medicaid Fraud: Pharmaceutical company to pay $7.75MM in settlement
- Los Angeles CA business litigation: Ruling favors No Doubt in Activision lawsuit
- Missouri business litigation: UMB Bank sued for deceptive overdraft practices
- Toyota shareholders represented in class-action securities fraud case
- PA Lawsuit: Bank of America, contractor sued for faulty foreclosure
- Burberry files trademark infringement lawsuit against TJ Maxx
- Dallas Business Litigation Attorney Keith Clouse Reports Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals Reverses Summary Judgment in Race Discrimination Case