Plane crashes into Texas I.R.S. office, sets house on fire first
Legal news for Texas aviation accident attorneys. A disgruntled man flew his plane into the I.R.S. office after setting his house on fire.
Texas aviation accident attorneys alert- A plane crashed into the I.R.S. building in Austin.
Austin, TX—A computer engineer who obviously had a bone to pick with the Internal Revenue Service (I.R.S.) http://www.irs.gov/, set his house on fire then flew a small plane into the side of the seven-story I.R.S. building in Austin. Authorities have since ruled out a terrorist attack, which left two people dead and injured two others, as reported by the New York Times.
On Thursday, February 18, 2010, Andrew Joseph Stack set his home on fire before he took off in his California registered single-engine fixed-wing Piper PA-28-236 at 9:40 a.m., from Georgetown Municipal Airport. At around 9:56 a.m., the small plane slammed into the side of an office building at 9430 Research Boulevard, which houses the I.R.S. offices. As the plane made impact, it ignited a fire that created smoke, which engulfed the building and sent huge panels crashing to the ground. Two men were injured in the fire, which sent one of them to the burn unit in San Antonio. Stack and another unidentified occupant of the plane were killed on impact.
Stack left behind a six-page “suicide-type” statement, which said, “Well, Mr. Big Brother I.R.S. man, lets try something different, take my pound of flesh and sleep well,” and signed it “Joe Stack (1956-2010). The statement was “articulated with grievances with specific sections of the tax code, corporations, politicians and a local accountant.”
Officials are investigating the horrific and shocking plane crash.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Texas aviation accident lawyersOnline Aviation Airline Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Leslie County KY plane crash: NTSB, FAA to probe double-fatal aviation accident
- Boulder CO plane crash: Plane hits car, crashes; pilot flees the scene
- Burbank CA aviation news: Southwest Airlines jet, Cessna nearly collided
- Port Huron MI aviation accident: Coast Guard helicopter crashed into Lake Huron
- Jefferson County Indiana aviation accident: Pilot/doctor killed in plane wreck
- Zellwood Florida aviation accident: FAA to probe fatal Zellwood plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident UPDATE: navy plane crash victims identified
- Baraboo Wisconsin aviation accident: Pilot serious injured in small plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident: 3 dead, 1 missing after NAS plane crash
- Louisville, Kentucky aviation accident: Michigan man injured in plane crash