Runaway horses involved in four traffic accidents, injuring 3
Legal News for Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys. Loose horses involved in four traffic accidents, which caused three injuries and seven horse fatalities.
Virginia personal injury lawyer alerts- Isle of Wight traffic crashes involving runaway horses injured three, killed seven horses.
Isle of Wight County, VA—A series of traffic accidents occurred after approximately 20 horses seemingly escaped from a local farm in Isle of Wight County, Virginia, according to WAVY.com. Four crashes were reported, killing an alleged total of seven horses and injuring three people, as a result.
There were no injuries reported in the first horse-involved traffic crash, which allegedly occurred on Cardinal Highway. One vehicle and one horse were involved in the incident.
The next two crashes also involved one vehicle and one horse each on Beaverdam Road. A female occupant of one of the vehicles’ involved was reportedly taken to Southampton Memorial Hospital, located in Franklin, Virginia, to be treated by doctors and nurses.
The last of the series of horse-vehicle collisions allegedly occurred on Carrsville Highway. A minivan and four horses were reportedly involved in the incident. All four of the horses were fatally injured in the collision with the van, which was occupied by two people at the time. Emergency medical services (EMS) crews allegedly airlifted the male occupant to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, while the woman was transported via medical helicopter to Southampton Memorial Hospital to be treated for the injuries they sustained in the horse-van collision. Virginia State Police deputies allegedly reported that the man and woman did not suffer and life-threatening injuries.
The surviving horses have allegedly been returned to the farm from which they originated as of 10:15 p.m. Wednesday, January 20, 2010. It is unknown whether the owner of the horses has been charged in regards to the crashes.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage
- One person killed in collapse of bridge in Texas
- Kelly Ripa no longer in touch with Regis Philbin?
- Amanda Knox conviction overturned by Italian court
- Woman won’t face murder charges after cutting fetus from womb
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens