Aviation Accident Alert: Plane went down short of runway, 4 killed
Legal News for Ohio Aviation Accident Attorneys. Four people were fatally injured in a small plane crash near Lorain County Regional Airport.
Aviation accident attorney alerts- FAA and NTSB investigate plane crash in Elyria Ohio.
Elyria, OH—Four people on board a small Ohio-bound plane were killed when the aircraft crashed on Lorain County Regional Airport property Monday, January 18, 2010, according to information provided by Jacksonville.com. The fatal plane crash allegedly occurred at 2:08 p.m. The airport is located in Elyria, Ohio.
A Mitsubishi MU-2B, a twin-engine turboprop, was carrying the parents of Kenn-Air Corp. owner, Kenneth Brown, as well as the pilot and co-pilot at the time of the tragic aviation accident. Donald Brown, 89 and his wife Shirley Brown, 87, were allegedly en route to Ohio after a vacation in Florida. The pilot aboard the plane was identified as Wesley Roemer, 30. Melinda Mengelson, the wife of co-pilot John Mengelson, 46, allegedly stated that the plane “apparently overshot the runway one time and were on their way back when they crashed”. Reports noted that the plane crashed in a field, which was short of the airport tarmac.
All of the plane’s occupants were killed in the airplane wreck. Melinda Mengelson allegedly stated that fog was reported at the time of the incident with visibility allegedly varying from one-quarter mile to two miles in the area. According to Fox8.com, the crash is currently under investigation by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) http://www.faa.gov as well as the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) http://www.ntsb.com.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Ohio Aviation Accident Lawyers.Online Aviation Airline Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Leslie County KY plane crash: NTSB, FAA to probe double-fatal aviation accident
- Boulder CO plane crash: Plane hits car, crashes; pilot flees the scene
- Burbank CA aviation news: Southwest Airlines jet, Cessna nearly collided
- Port Huron MI aviation accident: Coast Guard helicopter crashed into Lake Huron
- Jefferson County Indiana aviation accident: Pilot/doctor killed in plane wreck
- Zellwood Florida aviation accident: FAA to probe fatal Zellwood plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident UPDATE: navy plane crash victims identified
- Baraboo Wisconsin aviation accident: Pilot serious injured in small plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident: 3 dead, 1 missing after NAS plane crash
- Louisville, Kentucky aviation accident: Michigan man injured in plane crash