Virginia Aviation Accident – Two injured after single-engine plane crash
Legal News for Virginia Aviation Accident Attorneys. A two-seater plane crashed into the Great Dismal Swamp, injuring two.
FAA and state police investigate an aviation accident in the Great Dismal Swamp that injured two.
Virginia Beach, VA—Two individuals were injured when a single-engine plane crashed into the Great Dismal Swamp on Monday, December 21, 2009, as reported by the Suffolk News-Herald. Pilot Eric Musial, 37, and a flight instructor, who was not identified in the report, were the occupants of the two-seater CZAW Sports Cruiser aircraft.
Musial was allegedly practicing slow flight, when the aircraft suddenly stalled and went into a slow spin. The flight instructor allegedly corrected the slow spin but not in enough time to prevent the plane from consequently colliding with the trees, and eventually coming to a rest in the swamp.
State Police responded to the scene around 1:26 p.m. Musial and the flight instructor were both transported via helicopter to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital to be treated by doctors and nurses. Virginia State Police reported that the planes occupants seemingly sustained non-life threatening injuries. Virginia State Police along with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) http://www.faa.gov continue to investigate what caused the plane to stall, inevitably causing the crash.
According to the New York Times’ coverage on a recent study appearing in the December issue of “Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine”, over 1,000 people are hospitalized after sustaining aviation-related injuries annually. Reportedly, only 10.6 percent of these individuals were passengers aboard commercial airplanes, with 32 percent traveling in private airplanes, 11 percent injured while hang gliding, while another 28.9 percent of the flight-related injuries affected parachutists.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Virginia Aviation Accident LawyersOnline Aviation Airline Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Leslie County KY plane crash: NTSB, FAA to probe double-fatal aviation accident
- Boulder CO plane crash: Plane hits car, crashes; pilot flees the scene
- Burbank CA aviation news: Southwest Airlines jet, Cessna nearly collided
- Port Huron MI aviation accident: Coast Guard helicopter crashed into Lake Huron
- Jefferson County Indiana aviation accident: Pilot/doctor killed in plane wreck
- Zellwood Florida aviation accident: FAA to probe fatal Zellwood plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident UPDATE: navy plane crash victims identified
- Baraboo Wisconsin aviation accident: Pilot serious injured in small plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident: 3 dead, 1 missing after NAS plane crash
- Louisville, Kentucky aviation accident: Michigan man injured in plane crash