San Antonio Bay oysters contaminated by norovirus.
Legal News for Texas Product Liability Attorneys. The Texas Department of State and Health recalls San Antonio Bay oysters contaminated with norovirus.
FDA warns of norovirus in San Antonio Bay (Texas) oysters.
Austin, TX—The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) has issued a recall of all oysters harvested in the San Antonio Bay area on or after November 16, due to several reports of norovirus illnesses from the consumption of these particular oysters. Residents of North and South Carolina, who allegedly consumed the contaminated oysters from the San Antonio Bay area, issued over 12 reports to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Both the FDA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as officials from North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas are currently in the process of investigating where this norovirus came from originally.
According to an FDA news release, noroviruses cause gastroenteritis, better known as the stomach flu. Individuals who come into contact with the virus are reportedly subject to symptoms within 48 hours of exposure. These symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach cramping. In addition to low-grade fever, chills, headache, muscle ache, and exhaustion. Although this illness is said to last only a couple of days and is not particularly life threatening, individuals with weakened immune systems, blood disorders, or serious diseases have been advised to consider eliminating the consumption of raw oysters altogether.
The FDA is urging all consumers to discard oysters if the labeling indicates that they originated from the San Antonio Bay area and were harvested after November 16.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Texas Product Liability Lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Actor admits to inappropriate conduct with minors
- Texas meteorologist shot in parking lot of news station
- Body of missing pregnant woman found in car
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children