San Antonio Bay oysters contaminated by norovirus.
Legal News for Texas Product Liability Attorneys. The Texas Department of State and Health recalls San Antonio Bay oysters contaminated with norovirus.
FDA warns of norovirus in San Antonio Bay (Texas) oysters.
Austin, TX—The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) has issued a recall of all oysters harvested in the San Antonio Bay area on or after November 16, due to several reports of norovirus illnesses from the consumption of these particular oysters. Residents of North and South Carolina, who allegedly consumed the contaminated oysters from the San Antonio Bay area, issued over 12 reports to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Both the FDA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as officials from North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas are currently in the process of investigating where this norovirus came from originally.
According to an FDA news release, noroviruses cause gastroenteritis, better known as the stomach flu. Individuals who come into contact with the virus are reportedly subject to symptoms within 48 hours of exposure. These symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach cramping. In addition to low-grade fever, chills, headache, muscle ache, and exhaustion. Although this illness is said to last only a couple of days and is not particularly life threatening, individuals with weakened immune systems, blood disorders, or serious diseases have been advised to consider eliminating the consumption of raw oysters altogether.
The FDA is urging all consumers to discard oysters if the labeling indicates that they originated from the San Antonio Bay area and were harvested after November 16.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Texas Product Liability Lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Respecting the Seventh Amendment
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters
- Widow of deceased boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston speaks out after interview
- Daughter of Yolonda Foster, Gigi Hadid, named new face of Maybelline
- Bruce Jenner Photoshopped “In Touch” Cover Sparks Outrage
- Kim Kardashian app falls below projected revenue mark
- Facebook “hot Snapchat” hoax latest in series of scams
- Ann Curry to part with NBC News
- Ellen DeGeneres responds to ‘Christian Post’ anti-gay article
- Tim Tebow helps sponsor proms for those with special needs