DC Metro crash injured 3 employees
Legal news for Virginia train accident attorneys. A Metro train rear-ended another train and injured three employees.
Train accident lawyers alert- A Washington Metrorail train crashed into the back of another train and injured three Metro employees.
West Falls Church, VA—A six-car Washington Metrorail (Metro) Orange Line train crashed into the rear of a parked six-car Metro train at the West Falls Rail Yard, which injured three employees and knocked three cars from the tracks. The Sunday, November 29, 2009 crash happened around 4:37 a.m., with no passengers on board, as reported by The Examiner.
Three Metro employees, who were cleaning the parked six-car train, sustained non-life threatening injuries in the collision. Officials reported the No. 902 train was pulling into the rail yard when it crashed another other train. The speed limit inside the rail yard is usually no faster then 15 miles per hour. The impact of the collision derailed two 1000 Series cars, and 3000 Series car, which were so badly damaged that they cannot be repaired. The damaged totaled nearly $9 million. The three injured workers were rushed to an area hospital to be treated by doctors and nurses for their non-life threatening injuries.
Thankfully, no passengers were on board at the time. The unidentified driver of the train has reportedly been an employee since May 2007, and has operated trains since November 2008. The operator will submit a standard drug and alcohol test, which is standard for all investigations. Metro and police officials are conducting a full investigation into the wreck.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Virginia train accident lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Abortion ban law blocked by federal judge
- Testimony in Arias trial brings jurors to tears
- Group of sheriffs file lawsuit to block gun control measures
- Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal
- Chef killed over noodle meal
- Age discrimination lawsuit against law firm settled
- Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
- SC, hospital sued over child’s sex assignment surgery
- UK casino accuses poker star of amassing millions by cheating
- Donald Trump finishes Chicago trial testimony