Illinois medical malpractice law news: officials file claim against eye doctor
Legal news for Illinois medical malpractice lawsuits.
Illinois regulators file formal complaint against Lasik eye doctor.
Chicago, IL—The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR)http://www.idfpr.com/ has filed a formal complaint against a Chicago based ophthalmologist. The eye doctor who has been sued on grounds of medical malpractice over 50 times has never faced discipline, as reported by The Chicago Breaking News Center. The formal complaint against Dr. Nicholas Caro, alleges six of Dr. Caro’s patients were seriously injured during Lasik eye surgery. According to one of his patients, who received Lasik surgery last year, the ophthalmologist negligently performed the eye surgery, which caused him to seek additional treatment including a cornea transplant. Dr. Caro neglected to adequately evaluate and diagnose the patient’s keratoconus, a prior eye condition which should have rejected him as a candidate for Lasik.
The chief medical prosecutor stated Dr. Caro’s medical license should have been revoked, suspended, or at least disciplined over a year ago. Mr. Caro repeatedly mishandled Lasik eye surgeries and neglected to properly perform treatments of post-operative complications. This isn’t the first time Dr. Caro’s practice came under scrutiny, in 1997 federal regulations of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) http://www.fda.gov stated his medical practice was using unapproved laser equipment. The equipment was being utilized to treat vision problems like nearsightedness and astigmatism. According to Wikipedia http://www.wikipedia.org Lasik is short for laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis. The procedure is used to treat myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism using a laser. It is mainly used to reduce a person’s dependence of glasses or contact lenses. The procedure is one of the most common and popular cosmetic surgeries performed in the United States.
News Contributor: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Chicago medical malpractice attorneysOnline Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Gunman opens fire in Delaware hospital
- Teen has record number of teeth removed
- Lawyers say Arizona inmate gasped during botched execution
- Grammy winning singer’s son granted damages in privacy case
- Man offers insurance money to absolve damages in boat crash
- Oregon highway worker killed in accident
- Witness testifies debt may force Sterling to sell team
- Missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines flight detected by U.S.
- Hospital agrees to $190 million settlement in secret patient recording case
- Boston Marathon suspect’s friend convicted on obstruction charges