Illinois medical malpractice law news: officials file claim against eye doctor
Legal news for Illinois medical malpractice lawsuits.
Illinois regulators file formal complaint against Lasik eye doctor.
Chicago, IL—The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR)http://www.idfpr.com/ has filed a formal complaint against a Chicago based ophthalmologist. The eye doctor who has been sued on grounds of medical malpractice over 50 times has never faced discipline, as reported by The Chicago Breaking News Center. The formal complaint against Dr. Nicholas Caro, alleges six of Dr. Caro’s patients were seriously injured during Lasik eye surgery. According to one of his patients, who received Lasik surgery last year, the ophthalmologist negligently performed the eye surgery, which caused him to seek additional treatment including a cornea transplant. Dr. Caro neglected to adequately evaluate and diagnose the patient’s keratoconus, a prior eye condition which should have rejected him as a candidate for Lasik.
The chief medical prosecutor stated Dr. Caro’s medical license should have been revoked, suspended, or at least disciplined over a year ago. Mr. Caro repeatedly mishandled Lasik eye surgeries and neglected to properly perform treatments of post-operative complications. This isn’t the first time Dr. Caro’s practice came under scrutiny, in 1997 federal regulations of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) http://www.fda.gov stated his medical practice was using unapproved laser equipment. The equipment was being utilized to treat vision problems like nearsightedness and astigmatism. According to Wikipedia http://www.wikipedia.org Lasik is short for laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis. The procedure is used to treat myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism using a laser. It is mainly used to reduce a person’s dependence of glasses or contact lenses. The procedure is one of the most common and popular cosmetic surgeries performed in the United States.
News Contributor: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Chicago medical malpractice attorneysOnline Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Southwest Airlines grounds planes over inspection oversight
- Google puts ban on sexually explicit content on Blogger
- Linkedin settles password link lawsuit
- Guy Fieri serves as officiate of free wedding for gay couples
- Supreme Court to hear Abercrombie ‘headscarf’ case
- Men pocket dial employer, revealing robbery
- Contesting the Right to Unemployment Benefits
- Bill O’Reilly calls exaggerated report claims ‘smear campaign’
- Texas immigration attorney arrested for visa application forgery
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ star to receive award after comments about LBGT community