Speedy driver mows down 2 North Carolina bikers!
South Carolina driver kills 2 innocent bikers in Pembroke.
Fayetteville, NC (JusticeNewsFlash.com)—A South Carolina woman killed two motorcycle riders, and injured a third biker, when her out of control vehicle exceeded 100 mph and struck the motorcyclists in Pembroke, as reported by the Charlotte Observer. North Carolina police officials identified, Julie Miller, 40, of Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, as the driver of the four-door Saturn. Miller was reportedly driving through Pembroke, a small town in North Carolina, at speeds exceeding 100 mph, when she jumped the railroad tracks. The driver slammed her car into two motorcycle bikers, without braking, and killed both riders. The Saturn came to a complete stop two blocks from the fatal automobile accident scene, which left one motorcycle completely severed in half. Mount Pleasant area accident scene investigators said debris from the collision stretched for two city blocks.
The motorcyclists, Virginia C. Locklear of Lumberton, a passenger on one bike, and Marie D. Locklear, rider of the other motorcycle, were both killed on impact. The biker transporting Virginia was critically injured and transported by emergency medical services (EMS) personnel to a Robeson County hospital for treatment of his severe injuries.
North Carolina police officials cited Miller with two counts of involuntary manslaughter, and one count of assault with a deadly weapon. Miller is currently being held at the Robeson County Jail under a $1.25 million bond. Accident scene detectives tested Miller for drugs and alcohol, and the tests returned negative. North Carolina detectives are still trying to determine why Miller was in the Robeson County town and driving at unlawful speeds over 100 mph.
JusticeNewsFlash.com news for North Carolina wrongful death lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage
- One person killed in collapse of bridge in Texas
- Kelly Ripa no longer in touch with Regis Philbin?
- Amanda Knox conviction overturned by Italian court
- Woman won’t face murder charges after cutting fetus from womb
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens