Speedy driver mows down 2 North Carolina bikers!
South Carolina driver kills 2 innocent bikers in Pembroke.
Fayetteville, NC (JusticeNewsFlash.com)—A South Carolina woman killed two motorcycle riders, and injured a third biker, when her out of control vehicle exceeded 100 mph and struck the motorcyclists in Pembroke, as reported by the Charlotte Observer. North Carolina police officials identified, Julie Miller, 40, of Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, as the driver of the four-door Saturn. Miller was reportedly driving through Pembroke, a small town in North Carolina, at speeds exceeding 100 mph, when she jumped the railroad tracks. The driver slammed her car into two motorcycle bikers, without braking, and killed both riders. The Saturn came to a complete stop two blocks from the fatal automobile accident scene, which left one motorcycle completely severed in half. Mount Pleasant area accident scene investigators said debris from the collision stretched for two city blocks.
The motorcyclists, Virginia C. Locklear of Lumberton, a passenger on one bike, and Marie D. Locklear, rider of the other motorcycle, were both killed on impact. The biker transporting Virginia was critically injured and transported by emergency medical services (EMS) personnel to a Robeson County hospital for treatment of his severe injuries.
North Carolina police officials cited Miller with two counts of involuntary manslaughter, and one count of assault with a deadly weapon. Miller is currently being held at the Robeson County Jail under a $1.25 million bond. Accident scene detectives tested Miller for drugs and alcohol, and the tests returned negative. North Carolina detectives are still trying to determine why Miller was in the Robeson County town and driving at unlawful speeds over 100 mph.
JusticeNewsFlash.com news for North Carolina wrongful death lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Man convicted in multiple killings awarded $500,000 in lawsuit
- Study finds surprising top predictor of divorce
- Sarah Palin on 2016 Presidential Run: ‘Never Say Never’
- American, JetBlue ticketing agreement to end
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns