Missouri Attorney General settles $500,000 wrongful termination lawsuit!
Wrongful termination lawsuit against Missouri Governor settled by lawyers.
Kansas City, MO(JusticeNewsFlash.com)–A settlement between former employee of the Office of the Governor, State of Missouri, Scott Eckersley and the Missouri Attorney General was announced on Friday. Employment law attorneys representing Eckersley, in his wrongful termination claim filed in court against former governor’s office Matthew Blunt was settled for $500,000.
Both plaintiff’s lawyers and attorneys for the named defendants maintain their positions in the employment law violations allegations. Jefferson City court documents filed by attorneys for Eckersley allege defamation and wrongful termination when he was fired by the Governor after discovering and waring the office about improper destruction of internal emails. The Missouri Attorney General, Chris Koster, announced the settlement citing the mounting costs of defending the allegations has drained the Missouri State Legal Expense Fund of $1,348,952.07, to date. The continued costs of defending the current worker rights’ violations suit was not in the best interests of Missouri taxpayers.
JusticeNewsFlash.com news for Missouri employment law attorneys.Online Employment Law Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- The U.S. Supreme Court has Ruled in Favor of Companies Over Workers Pay, Again
- Cary Been Consumer Protection Attorney Highlights Deceptive Advertising Battle
- Lawsuit Accuses Jimmy John’s of Requiring Employees To Work Off The Clock
- Lawsuit Accuses Uber of Stealing Drivers’ Tips and Misclassification
- Hot Employment Law Topic: Equal Pay in Texas
- Sweat Shop Working Conditions, Labor Law Violations Prompts Protest at Skechers
- Wage Theft Violations Found at 152 Tampa Bay Restaurants DOL Investigation Finds
- The Small Print That’s Swallowing Up the Legal Rights of Consumers and Employees
- Are You A Victim of Wage Theft Asks California wage and hour lawyer Eric Grover
- NYC Dominos Settles Wage Theft Lawsuit for $1.3M