California minority construction workers recover $8.5 million settlement
Masco Contractor Services company settles $8.5 million worker wage suit.
San Francisco, CA (JusticeNewsFlash.com)–California’s U.S. District Judge Dale Fischer approved an $8.5 million insulation worker class action lawsuit settlement on Monday. As reported by the Los Angeles Times, thousands of mainly Latino non-union construction laborers, who worked installing insulation, rain gutters, and fireplaces, have recovered damages in their California wage and hour law violation lawsuit.
Employment law attorneys, for the nearly 3,100 workers who were employed by Western Insulation and Schmid Insulation Contractors, subsidiary companies of Masco Contractor Services Inc., argued company managers and leaders failed to pay workers for full days wages and hours worked. The settlement approved by the judge includes compensation for all current and former workers of Western and Schmid at any time from October 13, 2002 to September 30, 2008. The lawsuit agreement also compensates laborers who worked for Masco between January 1, 2008 through September 30, 2008.
Affected workers will begin to receive financial compensation for the wage and hour loss claims in the mail by mid-April 2009. Lawyers for the wronged workers urge any employee whose address has changed since their time of employment or who have questions about the settlement agreement to call (888) 546-7439.
JusticeNewsFlash.com news for San Francisco employment law attorneys.Online Employment Law Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- What Medical Conditions Qualify an Employee for FMLA Leave?
- No One is Safe From Arbitration; Even Domestic Employees
- Posh Beverly Hills Sushi Restaurant Urasawa Fined for Wage Theft
- Study: California’s Low-Wage Workers Aren’t Receiving Court-Ordered Claims
- Proposed Bills May Bring Big Changes To California Employment Laws
- Using Facebook in Employment-Related Litigation
- First Impression Case: Fifth Circuit Rules on Ministerial Exception to Employment Discrimination Law
- An Employer Asks: Do We Have to Train an Older Worker on a New Computer System?
- Hurricane Sandy Prompts Employers to Evaluate Their Policies
- Dallas, Texas Employment Lawyer: Get Ready for Election Day