Woman infected with herpes receives $7 million Riverside County jury verdict!
Woman infected with herpes by lover receives $7 million damages and injury verdict.
San Francisco, CA (JusticeNewsFlash.com)–The Associated Press reported, on Wednesday, a 56 year old woman, who unknowingly contracted herpes from her 77 year old lover, recovered a $7 million Riverside County jury verdict earlier this month. Court officials, as ordered by the judge in Superior Court, were unable to disclose the specific case number and names of the plaintiff and defendant in the personal injury suit because of the sexual nature of the allegations.
Genital herpes is an incurable sexually transmitted disease that plagues those diagnosed with the viral illness for life. The plaintiff’s lawyers argued, before the judge and jury, the defendant knew he had genital herpes for 25 years and failed to disclose the STD to the female plaintiff before sexual contact. Furthermore, he did not use a condom while engaging in sexual contact. According to medical doctors and specialists, condoms are 95% effective in prevention of transmission of STD’s. Condom use is strongly advised by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) www.cdc.gov for all individuals who have genital herpes to prevent infecting their sexual partners.
The jury compensated the female plaintiff $2.75 million in punitive damages and $4 million in compensatory damages according to court documents. The lawsuit was filed and tried in the Riverside County Superior Court. Apparently, once the woman discovered she had contracted genital herpes she was denied health insurance.
Legal news for injured victims and San Francisco personal injury claims litigators by JusticeNewsFlash.com.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father