LaGrange girl files lawsuit after suffering facial burns during surgery
11 year-old girl’s family file a lawsuit against doctors and Hinsdale surgical clinic.
Chicago, IL (JusticeNewsFlash.com)–As reported by the Chicago Tribune, the family of an 11 year-old girl filed a lawsuit in Cook County Circuit Court against a surgeon, anesthesiologist and two nurses. The parents of the burned child, Margaret and James Farnan, claim while their daughter was undergoing a surgical procedure, she suffered severe facial burns because the medical team failed to follow national safety guidelines and standards. The lawsuit alleges the doctors and nurses were medically negligent when supplemental oxygen ignited during a surgical procedure on the young girl at Hinsdale Surgical Center in February 2007.
The lawyer for the family filed a medical malpractice lawsuit in court claiming, during the surgical procedure of the 11 year-old child, a cautery tool, being used by the surgeon, ignited the supplemental oxygen on the girl’s face. The fire engulfed her head and face, and the child suffered severe and permanent disfiguring injuries and facial scarring. The medical team’s lack of emergent response, and failure to transfer the burned girl to a medical burn unit, caused additional permanent damage and scarring.
JusticeNewsFlash.com legal news for Chicago personal injury lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage
- One person killed in collapse of bridge in Texas
- Kelly Ripa no longer in touch with Regis Philbin?
- Amanda Knox conviction overturned by Italian court
- Woman won’t face murder charges after cutting fetus from womb
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens