LaGrange girl files lawsuit after suffering facial burns during surgery
11 year-old girl’s family file a lawsuit against doctors and Hinsdale surgical clinic.
Chicago, IL (JusticeNewsFlash.com)–As reported by the Chicago Tribune, the family of an 11 year-old girl filed a lawsuit in Cook County Circuit Court against a surgeon, anesthesiologist and two nurses. The parents of the burned child, Margaret and James Farnan, claim while their daughter was undergoing a surgical procedure, she suffered severe facial burns because the medical team failed to follow national safety guidelines and standards. The lawsuit alleges the doctors and nurses were medically negligent when supplemental oxygen ignited during a surgical procedure on the young girl at Hinsdale Surgical Center in February 2007.
The lawyer for the family filed a medical malpractice lawsuit in court claiming, during the surgical procedure of the 11 year-old child, a cautery tool, being used by the surgeon, ignited the supplemental oxygen on the girl’s face. The fire engulfed her head and face, and the child suffered severe and permanent disfiguring injuries and facial scarring. The medical team’s lack of emergent response, and failure to transfer the burned girl to a medical burn unit, caused additional permanent damage and scarring.
JusticeNewsFlash.com legal news for Chicago personal injury lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say
- Jennifer Lopez files for legal name change in divorce
- Apple spends more than $60 million on attorneys in US in Samsung battle
- Sharon Osbourne writes open letter to estranged brother on Facebook
- State Supreme Court hears arguments on Florida medical marijuana measure
- Teens arrested months after fatal car crash for allowing friend to drive drunk
- Black student California university admissions lag post race consideration ban
- Many in South Africa, across globe mourn the death of Nelson Mandela
- Study suggest ancient human inbreeding more widespread than believed
- Man advertises engagement ring on Craigslist worn by ‘Satan herself’