Zimbabwean President’s Wife Accused of Attack
The wife of Zimbabwean President Mugabe has been accused of punching a British photographer.
The wife of Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe has been accused of attacking a British photographer in Hong Kong. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Grace Mugabe allegedly attacked photographer Richard Jones after a bodyguard held him down when he tried to take pictures of her.
Jones is quoted as stating in the AP report, “She directed several punches into my face… She was wearing diamond-encrusted rings, which caused a lot of lacerations.” He was further noted as stating that he sustained significant injuries, but was not hospitalized as a result.
A Far East correspondent for the Sunday Times Michael Sheridan, is quoted by the AP as stating, “We take very seriously the freedom of journalists to operate abiding by the law in Hong Kong and we look to the Hong Kong authorities to uphold those rights at all times.” Sheridan is further noted to state the news source intended to showcase the lifestyle differences between those affected by the economic problems in Zimbabwe and the wife of President Mugabe.
An arrest has not been made for the attack, which is reportedly still under investigation.
Justice News FlashOnline Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Appeals court hears arguments in Obama immigration fight
- Christy Mack discusses alleged brutal attack by MMA fighter
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash