Salmonella outbreak – U.S. Health officials Baffled
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is uncertain of Salmonella source. Salmonella bacteria reported in at least 42 states in America.
JusticeNewsFlash.com–Federal and state health officials continue to investigate an epidemic Salmonella outbreak. According to the Associated Press (AP), CDC health officials have yet to name all states affected with the mysterious bacteria outbreak. So far, nearly 400 people in 42 states have contracted Salmonella as of Wednesday.
California health officials have reported 51 cases along with Ohio’s 50. Michigan tallies in with 7 hospitalizations and 20 documented cases reported. The CDC provides information and steps consumers can take to avoid contracting Salmonella on their website www.cdc.gov.
There are many symptoms associated with Salmonella infection. The most common are diarrhea, vomiting, fever, and abdominal cramps. The bacteria can cause symptoms up to 7 days with most people recovering without medical treatment. However, many people become dehydrated from continuous diarrhea and vomiting and require hospitalization for intravenous fluid replacement and antibiotic treatment.
Salmonella is typically contracted from mishandling of meat and poultry by employees of restaurants and retail food establishments like grocery stores.
Injured victims and personal injury lawyers news by JusticeNewsFlash.comOnline Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage