Salmonella outbreak – U.S. Health officials Baffled
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is uncertain of Salmonella source. Salmonella bacteria reported in at least 42 states in America.
JusticeNewsFlash.com–Federal and state health officials continue to investigate an epidemic Salmonella outbreak. According to the Associated Press (AP), CDC health officials have yet to name all states affected with the mysterious bacteria outbreak. So far, nearly 400 people in 42 states have contracted Salmonella as of Wednesday.
California health officials have reported 51 cases along with Ohio’s 50. Michigan tallies in with 7 hospitalizations and 20 documented cases reported. The CDC provides information and steps consumers can take to avoid contracting Salmonella on their website www.cdc.gov.
There are many symptoms associated with Salmonella infection. The most common are diarrhea, vomiting, fever, and abdominal cramps. The bacteria can cause symptoms up to 7 days with most people recovering without medical treatment. However, many people become dehydrated from continuous diarrhea and vomiting and require hospitalization for intravenous fluid replacement and antibiotic treatment.
Salmonella is typically contracted from mishandling of meat and poultry by employees of restaurants and retail food establishments like grocery stores.
Injured victims and personal injury lawyers news by JusticeNewsFlash.comOnline Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- New cyber intelligence agency created by Obama
- Former Colorado police chief says JonBenet Ramsey case mishandled
- Giuliana Rancic makes apology after dreadlock comment controversy
- Apple emoji options to become more diverse
- Southwest Airlines grounds planes over inspection oversight
- Google puts ban on sexually explicit content on Blogger
- Linkedin settles password link lawsuit
- Guy Fieri serves as officiate of free wedding for gay couples
- Supreme Court to hear Abercrombie ‘headscarf’ case
- Men pocket dial employer, revealing robbery