American Medical Association calls all states to pass cell phone laws
AMA asks all state lawmakers pass laws limiting driver cell phone use. National doctors organization urges states to protect consumers from injury and death.
December 23, 2008, West Palm Beach, FL (JusticeNewsFlash.com)–Justice roadway safety advocates and West Palm Beach auto accident lawyers are joining the American Medical Association’s (AMA) http://www.ama-assn.org/ ban against text messaging while driving initiative. In early November 2008, the AMA issued a public health risk alert at its semi-annual policy-making meeting. AMA voted to advocate for state legislation prohibiting the use of hand-held devices to text message while driving affirming it is a public health risk.
JNF roadway and highway safety advocates report the AMA states text messaging while driving takes the driver’s attention away from the road and this leads to accidents. The AMA sites a recent study reflects text messaging while driving causes a 400% increase time spent with eyes off the road. American drivers and passengers should not have to be concerned that other drivers are focused on texting instead of traffic.
Justice reporters also learned the new AMA policy encourages physicians to educate patients on the public health risks associated with driving while distracted with text messages and cell phones. The AMA is supporting any state legislature enacting laws to eliminate the use of text messaging by motorists while driving. If you or someone you know has been injured by a driver too busy text messaging you may be entitled to compensation.
News Contributor: H. Ryan highway safety advocate reporting for Justice
JNF–JusticeNewsFlash.com gives lawyers, journalists, and other professionals the opportunity to provide breaking news to their communities using an easy to access, convenient medium. Top news stories include driver cell phone use injury cases, text messaging while driving wrongful death litigation, SUV rollover accident suits, car crash claims, truck wreck injury legal actions, personal injury court cases, and driver negligence court actions.Online Auto Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- New York Injury Attorney News: Man struck, killed by city bus in Bronx
- CA Auto Accident: 5 Injured When SUV Plowed into Pedestrians on Sidewalk
- Chicago auto accident: Traffic stop, crash injures police officer and 3 others
- Massachusetts auto accident: Pregnant mother crashes minivan into daycare
- Los Angeles auto accident: DMV worker injured in driving test crash
- Raleigh NC auto accident: Police car, ambulance crash en route to shooting call
- Austin TX wrong way crash: Driver found dead inside burning vehicle
- Study: High-speed police chases are killing innocent bystanders
- Washington D.C. automobile accident: 1 killed, 6 injured in car vs. van crash
- San Francisco CA accident: Taxi runs red light, causes chain-reaction crash