Dallas injury lawyer-Amy Witherite-alerts winter home heating deaths!

Dallas personal injury attorney-Witherite-warns Texans of Carbon Monoxide/Fire hazards with winter heating.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) www.cpsc.gov released an immediate deadly home heating alert on Wednesday, in response to the massive ice and snow storms plowing across the northeast, midwest and western states including Texas. The debilitating ice and snow storms have resulted in injuries and deaths across the county and are forcing Americans to seek warm shelter in their homes and offices. According to the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA), since Thanksgiving 2008, there have been more than 150 reported residential fires resulting in more than 200 deaths. From 2003-2005 there were over 57,300 fires each year resulting in 270 fire deaths directly related to portable heaters, central heating systems, fireplaces and chimneys. Carbon monoxide poisoning from these heating systems resulted in an additional 68 deaths each year.

The USFA and fire department chiefs across the country are declaring the 2008-2009 holiday and winter season one of the deadliest in our nation’s history. As Dallas County residents continue to scramble to stay warm, during this brutal winter season in the present economic recession, ways to save money to heat our homes, offices, and living environments can lead to serious injuries and deaths. Increased concerns about the risk of additional fire deaths and carbon monoxide poisonings, from alternative heating sources, is forcing the USFA, CSPC, fire officials and personal injury lawyers across the country to alert consumers about the following safety measures:

-Have a professional annual inspection of fuel-burning home heating systems including furnaces, boilers, fireplaces, wood stoves, water heaters, chimneys, flues
and vents.
-Use caution with ALL portable space heaters
-Install smoke alarms and carbon monoxide (CO) alarms and maintain with fresh batteries
-Open fireplace dampers before lighting a fire and keep open until cool
-NEVER use electric or gas stoves to heat your home or any room.

The CPSC is an organization whose mission is to protect the public from serious injury and death from thousands of consumer products. Any products with the potential to pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard can leave innocent people with serious, debilitating, and life-altering injuries including death. To report a dangerous product or product related injury to the CPSC Toll free: (800)-638-2772. If you have been injured you may have a claim for compensation for your damages and injuries. Contacting a Dallas personal injury lawyer or specializes in injury lawsuits and claims may help you and your family.

Amy Witherite. EWLawyers.com 3100 Monticello Avenue, Suite 500. Dallas, TX 75205 – Toll Free: (888) 407-6669

It's only fair to share...Pin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Google+Share on FacebookEmail this to someonePrint this page

About the Author legal