Oodle Swings by Landscape Structures Recalled; 9 Reported Injuries
12/26/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, N.Y.—Injury hazards prompted the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Landscape Structures to voluntarily recall Oodle Swings. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on December 23, 2013.
The swings were recalled after discovering that swing seat hovers too close to the ground. This poses an injury hazard to those who get their legs caught underneath the swing.
“This recall involves Landscape Structures’ Oodle Swings. The swing frame is a double arch, comes in a variety of colors and measures 9 ½ ft. high by 13 ½ ft. long by 4 ½ ft. wide. The swing seat is an oval-shaped ring, measures 4 ft. wide by about 3 ½ ft. deep, comes in a variety of colors and is suspended from the frame by four black cables or chains. The swing seat holds as many as six children. Landscape Structures is printed on label near ground level on the frame. The swing set’s model number 173592 is printed in the swing’s instruction manual. ‘Landscape Structures’ is molded in the black rubber bumper of the swing seat, the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to contact Landscape Structures for a free repair if the distance between the bottom of your swing and the ground is less than 12 ¾ inches.
At this time nine children have either broken their legs or sustained sprains as a result of the defect.
For more information concerning the nationwide product recall, consumers can contact Landscape Structures toll-free at (888) 438-6574 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or online at www.playlsi.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- What every lawyer should know about Conversion Rate Optimization
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules on FLSA Matter
- San Francisco California Consumer Protection Lawyer Discusses Airbag Recalls
- Sexual Harassment and the Office Holiday Party
- Exempt Income in Bankruptcy Cases Expanded
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall